Saturday 6 June 2015

More Pages in My Magic Book

A while ago, you may remember I wrote a post called A Book of Magic, which was about the magic book I am creating filled with all the Merlin spells! It wasn't finished then, and it still isn't now! I have been working on this for about 2 years! But I don't want to rush it: It is special to me.

Here are the pages I have finished since the last post:

I have finished the healing spells section!





















The left hand page has the healing spell which Gaius used in series 1 "The poisoned Chalice", and the right hand page has the Healing spell which Merlin used on Uther while he was disguised.




And here is a healing spell which can be extended: You can either say only the top half :

"Ic the thurhaele thinu licsar"

...or you can say the top half, then continue to chant your way through to the last half:

"Ic the thurhaele thinu licsar mid tham sundorcraeft thaere ealdan ae!"











<<<This spell is unfortunately incorrect, as I wrote it before I re-watched the episode and realised that the spell was pronounced differently, meaning it would be spelt differently.

It is actually pronounced:
"Hurouf fram biste reo Framuman".

The episode didn't provide subtitles, so I have to guess at the spelling!

The other spells are correct.

You will see that usually instead of descriptions of what each spell does, I have put symbols instead. Here are their meanings:





















The reason for the bird icon is because of this:
"Thurhaele" healing spell in Merlin's Spell Book
Do you see the birds in the tree? I needed a symbol that didn't really mean anything much, but was still linked to Merlin in some way, however small the link!

After the healing spell section, I made a section about the Sidhe.






































Again, you see I try to use illustrations rather than descriptions in my spell book.

I am currently working on the enchantments section. Here are the pages I have completed so far:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Here, above, are the symbols for this section.
And here are two pages which I rather think are too crowded. They have love enchantments written on them, with symbols instead of too much descriptions.



















So that's all that I've done since the last time! Has anyone else made, or is anyone making, a spell book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments added to older posts will be monitored before posted.